BookNook is software - and unfortunately software has bugs. When you see a bug, we would love for you to report it to us so that we can file it and follow up on it! Here's what to do, and what not to do when filing a bug.
All bugs should be emailed to email@example.com. This will come directly to our support queue and will allow us to file it correctly and respond to you as needed.
How To File a Bug
- Note where you are in the app. Email us what screen you're on and what screen you came from (ex. I entered my information and pressed log in, I am on the overview screen...)
- Identify the problem clearly (ex: ...and where the number of sessions is supposed to be, there is just a gray box.)
- Include a screenshot of the issue and give us the full screen (not a snippet of the screen). We cannot stress this enough - it's so important. To take a Screenshot:
- On a PC/Windows Machine, use the snipping tool (instructions here)
- On a Mac hit command + shift + 3. The screenshot will be immediately saved to your desktop as a .png file - attach that to the email
- On a Chromebook, hit control + Switch Screens button (instructions here). The file will save to your downloads folder - attach that to the email.
- On an iPad, press the Home Button and the Volume Up button at the same time. The file will save to your photos - attach that to the email.
- Copy and paste the full URL of the page you are on into the email.
For power users only
In Chrome (only), there is a feature called "Console." If you open this up, we can get even more information on what's going on. If you're a power user, follow these instructions:
- Right click anywhere on the webpage and click "inspect" at the bottom of the menu that pops up
- A sidebar will pop up - click on the "Console" tab on the bottom pane of the window
- Get a screenshot of the whole sidebar and attach it to the email.