- What are the Zoom links for each of my children? I can’t keep track.
Volunteer Tutoring Program
- BookNook sends a reminder to families 24 hours in advance of a tutoring session. You do not need to let us know if you are unable to attend, but we hope you do!
- Can I get a call or report from the tutor about my child’s progress?
A: Your tutor is not able to share progress directly with you, but BookNook will periodically inform families about the progress of your student with BookNook.
- What do I do if my child is not available for a tutoring session?
A: You don’t need to email BookNook or your tutor if you are unable to attend a session, but we hope that your child can attend most of the scheduled sessions. The literacy tutoring will work best if your child attends two times a week as scheduled and for the 34 sessions from November through April.
A: BookNook schedules tutoring in cohorts so that their volunteer tutor can be assigned to other children if your child won’t be able to make it to a specific session. You don’t need to email us, but we hope that your child can attend most of the scheduled sessions. The literacy tutoring will work best if your child attends two times a week as scheduled and for the 34 sessions from November through April.
- The level doesn’t seem right for my child.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Typically, the app does not make a change in a level until after four standards are completed to ensure accuracy. A level is changed only up one level (never down). Let us know if you have any additional concerns about this.
- Will my child’s teacher know about this tutoring?
- Prince George’s County Public Schools has asked BookNook to notify your principal that your child is attending tutoring. For now, BookNook will not be in touch with your child’s teacher.